At the Feb 12 meeting,
- Ute Air Quality and Utah DAQ reported this winter’s ozone readings. As of 2/12 the Ouray monitor had just reached its 4th high (1 hour).
- Bingham Research Center has a custom email and Twitter system for issuing advance alert for ozone-forming activities (but not health alerts). Sign up at binghamresearch.usu.edu/ozonealert or follow at @uairquality. N.B.:Predictions of the conclusion of an event have the least certainty.
- EPA reported it is beginning Advance Notice Proposed Rulemaking to create a credit banking system. We can expect an early spring timeframe.
- DAQ updated on WY emissions reductions programs.
- WEA updated on proposed emissions reductions programs, with strategy for enrollment, reporting, and leaderboard. Companies can sign up to participate here.
- BLM reported its meteorology research design. The full powerpoint is here.
The next meeting will be organized as usual, for 1 hour in Vernal and at satellite locations. The UBOWG will investigate an appropriate meeting date and location to gather in person this spring.